Wednesday, December 01, 2004

We jammin!

It was beautiful. Two guitars, one set of bongoes, one biscuit tin/drum, several pairs of knees and many voices. How we jammed.

Many things have changed in the landscape of my Wednesday night. B-bobu (Bible-Bashers of Britain United) is the house group I went to all of last year, and very good it is too. September '04 saw the birth of a sister group: Valid. Valid, (pronounced in best Ali-G stylee wit a gangsta flik ov da fingaz) is like B-bobu, but for college age yoof and in a different house. Seeing as everyone there is over 17 and there's only about 7 of us each week, it should be very sedate and grown up. Not so. It's all good though, tonight we had a joint meeting with the young 'uns from B-bobu so we could pretend that we were only being childish because they were there...

We talked, we prayed, one thing led to another and we ended up jamming for about an hour. I'd like to call it worship, because most, but then Dan noticed that the chord progression to 'lord i lift your name on high' is kind of similar to Busted's 'Year 3000' and we kind of digressed. It was good though. I converted a biscuit tin into a giant drum...it was harder than it sounds.

Great evening, I'm really buzzing. It's immense just to be able to hang out and worship together like that. I feel like I should do some positive-pushing here, because not every Christian can hang out like we do every Wednesday night... www.opendoorsuk.org

This is the best mood I've been in for ages. I should explain, really... I haven't even done a 'who i am' post yet but for those who know who I am but don't know what's going on - I haven't exactly been a happy bunny in recent months. God's been making some major changes, or rather I've finally allowed God to make some major changes and it's kind of an upheaval. Everything's changing and I'm very stressed and very tired and very emotional. Good stuff. But it's good, I've finally taken the advice it seems I'm forever giving other people and started to actually depend on God. It's an awesome feeling. I'm scared, but someone's taking care of me.

Something Beth said tonight: "When you're down, he'll help you stand again."
Summed it up damn nicely, I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home