Wednesday, January 19, 2005

the funny thing is...

...That tonight, when I have so much on my mind, so many thoughts running through my head, I can think of nothing to write about on this here blog.

I went to Royal Holloway today. I know everyone's meant to fall for the first university they visit but I would like to state now, for all of cyberspace, that I cannot imagine anything that could top Holloway. I'm in love. Is that pathetic?

I'm going to bed, I have to revise two module's worth of Sociology for my exam tomorrow. Funny how these things happen. I could procrastinate for England, 'cept I'd never get round to doing it. Haha.

Watch Thirteen, it's brilliant. Don't watch Lost in Translation - unless you have a fetish for a slightly stoned looking Scarlett Johannsen wandering around Tokyo for a couple of hours and not saying much - it's not.

I do like the idea of two people being in love without feeling the need to hop on the good foot and do the bad thing.

I'm listening to: Dido. It's soppy music, I'm in a soppy mood. Could be worse, I was listening to Avril earlier...
I'm feeling: Slightly blue, slightly... confused.
Quote of the day: "I am not sad; only I long for lustre." Siegfried Sassoon.

2 Comments:

At 10:08 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whaddaya mean? Lost in Translation is one of my favourite movies of 2004 ... it's all very subtle humour but brilliant acting, in my opinion.

Rich
onestepback.com

 
At 10:31 pm , Blogger Fi said...

Now that's true, I can't complain about the acting. But there was an awful lot of nothing happening. I know we're meant to feel how alienated and rootless they're feeling out there, but it was a bit overemphasised... here she is looking bewildered in the bath, now in a garden, now at a monastery... I just got very bored. Also (although I think this is just me because no one else agrees) it seemed like a bit too much fun was being had at the expense of the Japanese.

It's always fun to be disagreed with. My favourite film of 2004 was Eternal Sunshine, hands down.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home