Saturday, January 08, 2005

And, as I try and pretend this isn't my second post within two hours, I realise there is much to tell.

(This blog is important to me, I need it as a way of keeping track of what I do.)

In the last week, the first week of the new year, many things have happened...

- I found out that a woman from my drama group was caught in the tsunami in Asia. When I say caught I mean one small twist of fate away from being swept out to sea by it. Her and her husband decided to stop off in town and buy a snorkel on their way to the beach on the coast of Thailand. That's one of the constant themes you find in life - how the tiniest most stupid decisions can be so mind-blowingly important in retrospect. My best friend stood at the top of the world trade centre exactly one week before it was destroyed. It's the near-misses that are so weird.

- I borrowed a new cd off an old friend - Run by High Lantern by Sketchie. I'm getting into this funny, ambient music, pretentious though the song titles are. Although, as part of my new movingawayfromangstyrockmusicandgirlypop movement I bought Mezzanine by Massive Attack back in December and was sorely disappointed. Teardrop, if you haven't heard it, is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Whenever anyone dies, or there's any kind of tragedy (it's been played a lot in news reports on the tsunami) they play that song, which gets kind of annoying, but it's still amazing. The rest of Mezzanine was distinctly bland, and very samey. Humph.

- My best friend Liz (I say best, she's one of my integral posse - Danielle, Paul, Liz and Taz) turned 18 today, and last night she had a lovely partay. Expect many unflattering and poorly lit photos of me and my bitches soon. I have to write about the party because I had more fun than I've had in so long, a really amazing time. You know the best thing? I was stone cold sober the whole night. My alcohol tolerance has been shot to hell ever since the Winter Vomitting Virus, so I'm temporarily tee-total. I say temporarily... I'd forgotten something very important - I have much more fun (and I'm much more fun to be around) when I'm not drinking. Inhibitions? What inhibitions? I'm self-conscious when I'm drunk, when I'm sober I dance like Beyonce, or at least I think I do, and that's what counts.
Backwards? Moi?

- I went back to college and realised that everyone is coupling off. It's funny how you only notice when you're single and trying very hard to be happy about it that everyone else seems to be getting together with someone.

- I went on a diet. Then I went to KFC.

- I developed a weird kind of insomnia. I can't sleep for hours, then when I do I have dreams that are even more vivid and creepy than normal.

I'm gonna go watch Some Like it Hot. If nothing else, when I dose off at 3am I'll dream of Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis in drag rather than giant talking spiders.

G'night cyberspace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home