Wednesday, March 09, 2005

come on!

I'm at Farnborough Main, waiting for a train to Basingstoke, when I get this txt message from Nikkie:

Hey fi, hows u? Tried to ring but no answer.
ok. get ready...
we have an ok 4 24/7 starting maunday thurs - good fri OR midnite easter morn.

Yeah!

Now that the initial excitement has worn off, I'm starting to worry. A week of nonstop prayer is a massive thing to organise and... let's just say I couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. Mind you, this wasn't my idea, this isn't my baby, this isn't about me. If big guy upstairs wants this to happen then it will happen, come rain shine or my appalling inability to carry out simple instructions.

I keep thinking, if this is something God wants us to do, why on earth did he give me the idea? I have these big ideas all the time that never go anywhere, I'm queen of the half-arsed, last minute plans that usually fall flat on their faces. It makes no sense to me. My reasoning is that I might have the attention span of a gnat, but I'm good at people. If we're gonna do 24/7, we're going to need to convince a lot of people that a very crazy idea is in fact a very good idea. Now THAT, I can do.

Or maybe God just wants me to get up off my arse and help do something productive for once.

We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home