Tuesday, December 06, 2005

student tableau strike 2

Yesterday, Kate came and knocked on my door in the early afternoon. I'd been home for the weekend and hadn't seen her since Friday. We decided to catch up over a coffee and then get back to work. Work. Yeah. We spent something stupid like an hour and a half deliberating whether it's immoral to eat your flatmate's grapes if you know they're gonna get mouldy before he eats them and I trashed my way through half a Sudoku (if you're interested, my Sudoku Success Total is currently 3) before we went back to our rooms. Kate and I, we're good at procrastinating.

I managed to get a relatively early night, in that I was in bed and asleep by one. Unless you're one of the fortunate few who gets to live with me (alright marras?) you won't understand what a big deal this is. I'll explain: I'VE HAD ABOUT TWO GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP SINCE I MOVED HERE. This is why I'm always tired and keep sleeping through lectures. This is partially why I sleep in til afternoon on my days off (also because I'm just lazy). Unfortunately last night's blissful earliness was fluffed by my waking up at about 3 and spending several hours worrying about global warming. You think I'm joking?

So this morning (afternoon) I decided to get up and get some solid work done. I actually managed, with the aid of my spangly new printer and the helpful absence of the internet across campus, to get some stuff done yesterday. Hurrah!

Since I sat at my computer to start work a few hours ago, I've eaten a bowl of porridge, some cheesy pasta and a mince pie courtesy of Kate, my partner in procrastination, tidied my wardrobe, messed up my wardrobe, checked every single blog that I could possibly think of, spent 2o minutes re-reading my notes on Tracey Emin (why?), brushed my hair 6 times, redone my make-up twice, moisturised my hands, painted my toenails, printed out and cut out photos from my Dublin trip, surfed the internet for yet more photos of the singer from Goldfrapp and drafted an angry letter to our Halls warden about Athlone laundry. And I've done fuck all work.

And now I'm blogging. In my defence, I've been away from the internet since Friday morning, due to going home and then the entire campus connection being down for two days. I think I'm well overdue for a blog. But here's the thing. I had plans to write about my weekend, what I got up to, to express my sudden sadness at the thought of leaving my lovely halls with their lovely power-shower, to finally get round to posting pictures from Dublin and summer... Instead, I'm wasting time by writing about wasting time.

My Space, Body, Design logbook has to be handed in next Friday. I have a Writing and Performance exam next Wednesday and I'm only halfway through Tamburlaine. I have got so much to do. So much. Loads. Oodles. Billions. Bare. Phat. Massive. Stupid amounts of work to do.

And how am I dealing with it? By adding Kate to my msn account so that now we can procrastinate when we're not even in the same room.

3 Comments:

At 8:06 pm , Blogger Fi said...

would i be right in thinking you were in the group that performed in the boilerhouse? with the sticks and guitars and whatnot? (which was tres cool by the way) if so, you won't have seen my performance because ours was the last one before we moved up to the boilerhouse.

in case you were there, mine was the group that made creatures out of newspaper and made them fight. don't ask me why.

i *think* your flatmate tristan is in my space body design class... if you don't live with tristan then i have NO IDEA who you are.

hehe this is fabulously weird.

fi xxx

 
At 8:54 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so seeing goldfrapp at the reading hexagon onthe 5th of february for my birthday.

 
At 12:19 am , Blogger Fi said...

chris - i'd say we're equal. i might know what you look like but that's about it. you know the minutae of my daily life, by reading my blog you know more about me than the guy who sleeps next door to me. we're pretty much spying on each other.
i think i did a massive double take outside your kitchen window earlier... just to enhance your feeling of being spied on :P

tim - bitch. i'm so jealous. the hexagon's so tiny you can get right near them as well. when i went to see idlewild i could practically count the hairs on roddy's chin. lovely. pleeease take pictures of alison for me, i love her a bit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home