Thursday, March 10, 2005

news and reviews

There's been a lot going on recently...

My drama teacher, Dave, is now a father again. Go Dave, go Mrs Dave and, most importantly, GO ISOBEL ROSE HALLEN, THE NEWEST, CUTEST BABY IN THE WORLD.

****

My daddy's going to be in The Independent. Next Thursday there's gonna be an article about the budget and how it affects a sample of households in the financial supplement - we're one of those households!

I love that my dad has the same name as the leader of the Liberal Democrats, he gets asked to do all kinds of stuff. He was on TV once because of it. He hates it, because he's a dirty great Daily Mail (sss) reading fascist who thought that Thatcher was a left wing pinko. I love it because I'm a dirty great left wing pinko who uses the Daily Mail to dry my shoes and cuts out articles from The Independent to paper my walls.

Oh, the arguments we have!

Check out that paper, search for Charles Kennedy, he's the angry scottish one with the beard and the raging hatred of everything. I love my daddy. Lots.

*****

Phil's home! He's taller than I remember and appears to be having serious stomach rumbling issues (squeal!) but it's great to have him back.

*****

Got the results of my January modules back, A and B for Sociology, D for General studies. So I can't speak adequate Spanish and use words like 'Goggins' in inappropriate contexts, is that a reason to give me a D?

I need to get 100% in all three drama modules this year if I want to get an A. This is bad.

On the plus, I could not show up to my final sociology module and still get a B. This is very very good and a definite reason why Curriculum 2000 ROCKS.

*****

An offer from Kent - I need AB to get in there. Sweet.

*****

I watched Ocean's Twelve. It was good.

I watched Spanglish. It was better. It was wonderful - romantic, genuine, sincere, touching... Adam Sandler didn't annoy me for the first time ever, it was groovy.

*****

New Idlewild album. BUY IT. Listen to it. How beautiful.

*****

Sometimes, when I stand still long enough, my right knee starts aching really suddenly. My response to this - don't stand still. EVER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home