Sunday, April 09, 2006

all things in misery considered

Tomorrow, all will be made well. Tomorrow, I'll be heading back to my halls for a few days to, theoretically, get some work done. Tomorrow, my overdraft will kick in, Napster will get their £9.99 which means that I can a) listen to music again and b) put mp3s on to my spangly new phone. I'll also be able to post pictures from my spangly new phone which means, oh yeah, I'll be blogging again.

If I haven't mentioned it before, I hate not being able to blog. It really is like a kind of amputation. When all else fails and you have too much to say - resort to lists.

Things that have been good
1) Real food, courtesy of my parents.
2) Doing absolutely no work whatsoever, courtesy of my God-given gift of procrastination.
3) Yateley, and all the strange and wonderful people who live in it.
4) Going to the Ag again.
5) Counting the seconds between saying hello to Mike(22:38:59) and Mike's first mention of his penis (22:39:03). The boy is fast.
6) Playing with aforementioned spangly phone.
7) Reminiscing about good times with old friends (when we used to play together, when we built treehouses together) and even better times with even older friends (how we used to lie to each other, steal from each other, plot against each other).
8) Going to LDN with the marras - not only was the club a part-time strip, but the drinks were 80p a time, and that made me happy.
9) Waking up in Belsize Park.
10) Watching Deal Or No Deal, always an emotional roller coaster.

Things that have not been good
1) The ongoing 'do I don't I' saga of myself, Christianity and the man upstairs. Don't ask me, because I simply don't know.
2) The way some people react when you say you're not having the best time with religion at the moment. I can't decide which is worse: people being so smug you wonder if they realise how much losing your faith hurts, or people being so dramatic about it that you want to smack them upside the head with a palm cross just to shut them up.
3) Realising that my orthodontist wasn't joking when he said that if I didn't wear my retainer after my traintracks were removed then my teeth would go crooked again.
4) Burning my retainer in a pagan ritual of thanksgiving and then realising that, huh, my teeth are going crooked again.
5) Not being able to blog. Also, not having Napster, broadband, money, sanity, et al.
6) Returning to the Ag to find that it too has fallen victim to the emo virus. I would like to reiterate that my horrible prejudice towards emo kids will only end when I can go to a club without one of them burning me with a cigarette. Are their subliminal messages in their music that tell them to burn me??
7) Having to go through my new phone and spell out each of my favourite swearwords into the predictive text dictionary. This is taking longer than one might imagine.
8) My nan going back to Scotland.
9) Having secrets.
10) Feeling small.

Other than that, there's been a lot of books. And a lot of chicken. That's me in a nutshell. How are you guys?

3 Comments:

At 7:14 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am good thank you my dear. Missing uni, missing everything about it, the place, the people, you!!! Not that I'm not enjoying being home.

Feeling small is the worst thing in the world *hug* I mean, in the whole insignificance sort of way. If you are feeling small in the physical sence, I envy you!

Looking foward to seeing you soon!!
xxxx

 
At 11:06 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but i cldnt help noticing that deal or no deal is on ur list of things that have been good nd i STRONGLY OBJECT!!! noel edmunds should be cut up and the body parts put in the boxes, nd people bid for the best parts, now THAT i would watch with glee and enjoyment and perhaps even call in! wat part of noel edmunds would u hav if u cld hav ny part? lotsa love sweetsXX

 
At 1:30 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm phat like tofu. When are you online aain?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home