Friday, March 17, 2006

editing

I like to think of life as being like a film. Partially because I think life's just like that. Partially because I really wish it was.

I'm in my room, listening to Lying in the Sun by Stereophonics. The sun is far from shining. Cameron's the same old hunk of concrete it always is; the sky's as grey as it always is. I'm sat in here pretending I'm in the sunshine. It'll be California Dreamin' next.

I'm spinning on the desk chair, kicking backwards and forwards with my feet. I'm still in my pyjamas and my rooms an utter mess.

If this was a film, the scene would change now, with my bare feet pushing me round between the desk drawer and the bed. The music would carry on, become the soundtrack to the next event.

Somehow that song would take me to the next chapter. Why doesn't it work like that? Where's the fade-out? God, I need a fade-out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home