Wednesday, May 03, 2006

gainful employment

Tomorrow I have a job interview with these nice people, hopefully my employers for the summer.

I'm reading up on Amnesty International for a role play in which I have to try and convince another member of the interview group to sign up for a monthtly donation. That's right guys, I'm gonna be one of them.

It's annoying, isn't it, when they show up with their clipboards in the street and make you feel guilty. On the flip-side, it's nice, isn't it, when charities get money to do good things with.

I won't pretend it's as simple as that, because it's really not, but if I have to earn money (apparently it's quite important these days) I'd rather do it with an organisation whose purpose is merely questionable rather than downright shit. By that I don't mean that DialogueDirect are bad, I mean that working for *insert corporation here* would just be really, really bad.

I'd like to go home at the end of the day knowing Help the Aged or Greenpeace or Childline are getting an extra £5 a month because of someone I signed up. That's the kind of satisfaction I'd like this summer.

In the meantime, what better opportunity to piss people off?

2 Comments:

At 6:17 pm , Blogger becci brown said...

hehe...i just had a look at their website. pays good...even if you end up really annoying people!

Been reading your other stuff too. Man, Fi, you write really really well. Want you to know too, that I've been praying for you. I'll drop you an email sometime soon.

 
At 10:28 pm , Blogger Catherine said...

Woohoo good luck honey! i'm sure you'll get the job (put it this way, they hired me :P ) and we can sooo work together this summer, it'll be ace. mwah xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home