Monday, October 31, 2005

good right now

Reasons why I feel good right now:

1) I discovered that I can adjust the flow on my power shower from "maybe it's raining, maybe it's not" to "you knows it's raining on yo ass!" to "take that bitch, and don't you tell nobody who bruised yah." I feel so good. Aches and pains sustained in Friday's Space, Body, Design class are soothed.

2) I've started coughing again. This isn't a good thing, but this morning someone referred to phlegm as 'lung butter', which made me laugh so much it must be worth all the hacking.

3) I just ate 6 Oreo cookies, a Flake bar and a packet of McCoys.

4) Despite the above being a fairly typical sample of my daily diet, I've still managed to lose weight in the first few weeks of uni.

5) I'm just about to go to the pub for my first gin in 7 days. Hooray!

6) I've had a couple of epiphanies recently. I feel so much better. I feel damn good.

The last few days in brief (this is more for me than you guys):

Thursday and Friday: Halloween night at Kingswood. Making a new friend called Nousa, getting cigarette burnt, seeing Rob and Liz, talking about doing a year abroad, walking in unsuitable shoes, getting 'fi sucks cock' written on my arm in pen that wouldn't come off in the warning. Liz getting clamped, paying £20 to have her car released, going to my Space Body Design workshop with aforementioned obscenity on my arm. Doing my legs in whilst warming up with the lovely Tristan. Pain. Halloween night at the Union, doing Gaz's make-up, going as the Corpse Bride again, seeing the mysterious third year that my flatmate is in love with, watching Kate DJ, standing on the balcony and watching the crowd get down to Michael Jackson. Sitting outside in the rain under a poncho.

Saturday: Seeing Steph, chocolate for breakfast, going to London, eating caramelised peanuts, walking round the Theatre Museum, hearing about the bombs in Delhi, praying for a mate's parents in Trafalgar Square, almost seeing My Name is Rachel Corrie, an underground train breaking down, watching a man dislocate both his shoulders, sitting in Chris' fairy-lit living room drinking wine and listening to Frou Frou. Sleeping in Steph's four poster bed. Plush.

Sunday: Getting up early, going to church in Yateley, getting hugged a lot, getting sad about missing people. Watching the drama, laughing a lot, loving everyone at St Peters, talking to Nikki, having a cry, having a scarily insightful conversation, eating pastries, feeling better, going to the pub, eating lunch, losing my debit card, seeing Sammy, sitting with my parents, catching up with Phil, watching Harry Potter, driving back to Egham. Wondering why getting back to Crustymede felt like getting home.

Monday: Waking up coughing phlegm, missing my lecture, drafting a lot of poems, writing a lot, eating junk food. Blogging for the first time in what feels like ages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home