Monday, October 24, 2005

hold me to this

As of today, no alcohol will pass my lips for seven days. Drunken Thursday or no Drunken Thursday, Halloween Party or no Halloween Party. I just want to prove that I can do it. Not in the, 'I can quit any time I want' sense, but in the 'I'm sure I do have willpower, I just don't exercise it very often' sense.

Safe to say, there's not much else to do here in sunny Egham but drink. It's very unimaginative. Fun, but unimaginative. Besides, fruit juice is infinitely cheaper than gin.

New things I hope to experience this week:
1) What it's like to sleep in my bed whilst not feeling sick. Between the various flus, cramps and coughs I've been having, and my good friends Gordon, Pavlov and Blackthorn, I've never lain in that bed and not felt like I'm gonna fall off.
2) Doing something productive on a Thursday evening. Wow. I really do wonder what that's like? Ninjutu, auditions, Regenerate... My options are endless. Also rediscovering the currently unchartered territory of Tuesday and Friday morning.
3) Getting some work done. Maybe reading something, handing my library books back.
4) Showing up to a lecture without a hangover.

Things I intend to avoid this week:
1) Dancing to shit RnB and House at the union. One has to be in a certain state of mind for that to look good.
2) Eating Tesco Value Chicken Noodles (8p a pack at your local retailer). Nuff said. Only the extreme munchies will get me through those bastards.
3) Trashing Est's kitchen. Trashing can be loosely defined as using people's utensils, throwing matches into the flat next door, dropping things out of the window (brooms, shoes, jewellery, chairs), breaking the window, climbing out of the window, leaving waffles in the freezer, burning burgers on to the grill, melting cheese without a plate in the microwave, drawing on the table, defacing the kitchen guidelines and chopping Chewits in half on the wall with a butcher's knife. Unfortunately, Est, this also means there will be no guilt-induced cleaning of your kitchen this week either.
4) Forming illogical, irrational and downright shite emotional connections to people who do not care about me.

For reference, I fully intend to continue doing all of the latter during my period of self-enforced sobriety. I'll just do them with slightly better balance than normal, and in conjunction with (rather than instead of) the former.

Hold me to this.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

fi
you are in my room
we are not drunk
it's WEIRD.
i think you'd better leave right now...or not. i like you being here cos i LOOO-HOOOVE YOU :D :D :D we did a whole day!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home