Thursday, February 16, 2006

"it's just that there's so much to do and i'm tired of sleeping"

No, I don't want to move.

I don't want to change out of my pyjamas, or brush my hair, or get out of bed and leave this room, this flat, this building. I'd like to stay here a while.

Perhaps I'll tidy up a bit, do some hoovering, maybe wipe my desk down, straighten my sheets, open a window, light some candles, spray some perfume, clean the shower. I'll put my clothes away and put on some inspirational music.

Maybe I'll curl up under the desk and spare into space a while, listen to Skunk Anansie and Sigur Ros until I'm bored with that, watch Pride and Prejudice until I'm bored of that.

Maybe I'm bored with this? Maybe I'm a bit tired of being tired.

Perhaps. But right now there's so many reasons to crawl somewhere warm and soft and just stop moving. There's an overwhelming need to stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home