Monday, February 20, 2006

o my soul

Is it perserverance or stupidity to keep praying and praising when you're not even sure that anyone's listening? I haven't decided myself.

The one redeeming feature I see about myself right now is that I'm stubborn. I'm far too fucking stubborn to be beaten. If I was gonna give up, I'd have done it last year and I'd have done it in the most permanent sense.

See, this way I'm alive, and I've got a reason to be that way. Any other way, perhaps I wouldn't. So perhaps it's stupidity that I'm sitting here with a gin in one hand and Psalm 42 in the other. Fine. Call it a value judgement; I'd rather do it this way.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 pm , Blogger becci brown said...

God promises that he's listening...reckon that's good enough!! I know though sometimes it feels as if heaven is empty huh?! But it's not...It's faith that keeps believing even though we don't feel or see. Feelings come and go!

 
At 9:35 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

all love is true/in different ways...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home