Sunday, May 21, 2006

student safety

Last night this guy was following me.

Or maybe not. Maybe he was just walking home the same way as me.

Walking about 10 feet behind me, turns right into Harvest Road when I do, drops behind when I turn round to stare him out.

Blind drunk am I, shouldn't be on my own, should have stayed at Catherine's after all, shouldn't have gotten it into my head to go and see Sam, should have stayed at the party with people and people.

I call Sam when he's further away, ask him to come meet me. By the time I reach Victoria Street I'm on the phone and he's feet away.

I stop outside the chip shop and there's two guys with a pizza, I ask them to wait with me. The guy is nowhere to be seen now, but then there he is, hunched over, walking towards us, crosses the street before he gets to us, carries on.

Probably nothing. I'm drunk and I probably got Sam out of bed for nothing.

I'm more scared of the part of me that wants this guy to catch up and try something. More scared that I'm disappointed to find myself safe.

What the fuck is that?