Tuesday, March 22, 2005

change would do you good

There are now new sections, a heap full of links and some decidedly dodgy html. Goood. One thing, all ye bloggers, how do I put previous posts on different blogs? If I wanted to plop a post that I wrote that contained Idlewild lyrics onto my Quotings blog, is that even electronically possible? If so, how?

*****

In local news, I got shot down over the weekend. Not in the military, plane crashing down sense, in the putting myself on the line and being, however nicely, rejected. I declared my feelings for this guy. He replied that he thinks I'm lovely (not in so many words) but a friend is all I am.

It's liberating, in a way. I haven't been rejected like that for ages. I used to have great fun (fun!) with it, the whole getting a crush on someone, getting your best mate to ask them out, getting embarassed when they laughed and told the whole class... Mmm, tasty memories. But it's good, however humiliating, to know where I stand. Now I know, I can move on, forget aforementioned male of the species and stop mooning about like a lovesick hippo.

I went for some retail therapy, bought a book called "One no, many yeses" (the guide to the global resistance movement) and a "Very short introduction" to Christianity. Then I went for a coffee with Emilie, a pint (of coke) with Matt, Chris and Meffie. I watched Frasier and went to bed. Today I got up, had an MMR vaccination, did some college work, did some lessons, did some work, read some book, ordered a Reading ticket. Keeping busy is great. I barley thought about him at all today.

5 minutes ago, he came on MSN. My innards performed an interesting dance. Then he disappeared. Maybe he blocked me. I think I'm glad if he did. This whole being single thing... It's an adventure.

*****

The thing is, it's starting to sink in that I'll be leaving good ol' Farnborough 6th in a few weeks. I'm very sad, I love the place, it's gonna be a wrench to kiss it's sweet ass goodbye. I've had a shedload of good times there, some pretty bad times too... it's been a learning curve in every sense of the word. I'm leaving it a completely different person from when I entered it. I can't believe that two years, my first two years as a Christian, are slipping by so fast.

Looking back, evaluating, I realise that I've spent most of my time at Farnborough thinking about boys, relationships, blah blah blah. 2004 was a year in which all my spare time, every moment to myself was shared with my boyfriend. That's a lot of time. I can't help thinking, as much as I enjoyed that time, that that's a whole chunk of my life I gave away there. Time is precious. I'm incredibly busy these days and I value my time like money. But along comes some guy and suddenly every second, every minute is theirs for the taking. Really?

I only get a little bit of time on this here pretty earth. I think considerably less of it should be spent thinking about *insert name of nearest bloke*, maybe more on the people who matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home