Thursday, April 07, 2005

ucas and dorset and time, oh my!

So, after ping-ponging between UCAS and the Drama department at Exeter Uni, I finally get a decision.

I should explain, I've been waiting on a decision from Exeter for about two months now, I wanted to put them as my second choice, y'see. Problem is, Exeter is to Drama what Cambridge is to English Lit - the Big Bitch. Their standard offer is usually AAB, which would mean I couldn't put them as second choice to my ABB offer from Holloway. I actually started resenting Holloway for giving me such a nice offer. I'm as close to cancelling my application to Exeter and accepting Kent as my second choice, so sure am I that they'll give me too high an offer. Then my mate Jordan gets a BBC offer from Exeter so, like a fool, I hold out.

Well, a month after everyone else who applied to Exeter, including people who auditioned on the same day as me, I finally get my offer. AAB, must include an A in English Lit and an A in Drama. An A in Drama? According to the laws of mathematics, in order to achieve an A in Drama, I would need to achieve at least an A in one module this year, and FULL MARKS in the other two. No. Just no.

Paul, Liz, Taz and I have been down in Dorset this week visiting Adam. We were there two days and I checked UCAS three times, although believe me if we'd been in the house more, it would have reached double figures.

"Do you know your application number off by heart?"
"Yeah, is that wrong?"
"Yes, very wrong, Fi."
*look of horror* "You mean this isn't normal?"

********

Had a great time in Dorset though, we hung out with Adam's mate Charlie and visited her bedsit where she is living in terrifying independence. I have a lot of respect for that girl, don't think I could hack living so completely on my own this early. I'm scared enough about moving into halls.

We also managed to teach both Adam and Charlie a game known simply as 'Goggins' - a violent, loud and hysterical game played with Postman Pat Snap cards. If you haven't played this game yet, you soon will. The virus is spreading.

On a more holy note, Taz and I stayed up talking on the first night, we had a good catch up, which was grand. Then in the morning we did our bible studies, had a chat about God, sex, church, prayer, bible, the future, the past. Not completely in that order.

*******

And there's so much more I need to write about, so much stuff going on but I have to go to work in an hour and there's just no time. I need to read more books, do more college work, write on my blog, write some fiction for my English teacher, watch more films, listen to more music, play more piano, do more exercise, get more rest, get more sleep and get up earlier. I need to dye my hair, go to the gym, spend less money, buy more clothes, do some overtime and find some me-time.

I'm listening to: Rock and Roll Worship Circus - Great Big Love
I'm feeling: Good, a little sleepy and a little overcharged. Supermarket sweep, beep beep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home