Friday, June 03, 2005

before it starts / before i begin

So, the hair is changed. I shouldn't keep banging on about it, but try growing your hair for two years and then going to a posh hairdressers - you'd be banging on about it too. My lovely stylist, Ryan, said I looked like a rock-chick. When I left Toni and Guy, I did. Liz and I were visions of roll-in-the-hay mussy haired sexiness. Meow. Easy tiger. Etc.

Then I got locked out of my house and had to hide under the garden table for twenty minutes in order to avoid the torrential rain. Substitute 'rock chick' for 'wet labrador' and you're getting closer. Remember when I said I liked torrential rain? It's funny, I should have learnt by now that when I say stuff like that, God listens. And he writes it down.

Pictures of my new hair (yes it IS a big deal) are on the sightings page (hands up if you didn't know there was a sightings page) so you can ooh and aah and SAY NICE THINGS. The captions won't make sense unless you look at the pictures from bottom to top. If that makes sense. Mmm. I'm techno-fabulous.

*****

Inspired by a post on Rich Duncalfe's blog (hi Rich!) and an argument I had with my mum about the exact same thing just a couple of hours later, I've decided to have a big king-sized rant about trade justice and the G8. Not tonight though my pretties. It takes considerable effort to get as angry as I do when I'm ranting, and I'm all sleepy today.

I had some big and important thoughts about the importance of democracy today. I think I've forgotten them though, so you'll have to make do with some shoddy similes, copious cursing and astounding alliteration instead.

Brace yourselves.

I'm feeling: Good. Have been good since last Tuesday afternoon and not a minute sooner. Am currently in an 'up' phase. For more about my 'up and down' mood cycles, consult a mental health journal.
I'm listening to: Coldplay, Speed of Sound. First heard this song whilst sitting in my desk chair, sipping Baileys by the light of two candles, my laptop and a sunset. I may or may not have cried like a baby. Is it my new favourite song? Hell yes it is.

2 Comments:

At 11:22 pm , Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

As a completely unrelated random blogger I think the hair looks really nice.

 
At 9:11 pm , Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

Hey -

I found you following the "next blog" button. ;) It's sort of random so you never know whose blog you will come across, but it's pretty fun to meet other bloggers.

And thanks for commenting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home