Thursday, May 19, 2005

media commentary of the slightly deranged

I did a sketch in drama yesterday, mask work, archetypal characters and all that. It was COMEDY GOLD. No one laughed.
I was like, come on guys, I'm wearing a harlequin mask and smoking a rubber chicken - how could that NOT be funny?

******

I would like the whole world to know how completely and utterly un-excited I am by the new Star Wars film. I'm trying so hard to avoid it, because George Lucas is officially on my shitlist for being such a money hungry splodge. As is Ewan Macgregor for growing a beard and covering up almost a third of his lovely lovely face.

*****

I would also like to express concern over the release of It's All Gone Pete Tong. As interesting as the posters look, any film that's been described as 'excellent' and 'the best British film of the year' by publications such as Zoo and Nuts has got to be shite and should probably not be allowed to exist.

Snob? Myself?

*****

While I'm dissing what I don't know, I'd also like to express some healthy hatred toward Celebrity Love Island. Over tanned chavs who have done nothing, but nothing, to ever warrant the public's attention gathering on an island to drink lots of free booze and get laid by near strangers.

As fun as it does sound... is this really why they invented TV?

*****

I've decided to take matters into my own hands. In English on Tuesday my teacher, Jane, had a furious rant about Heat magazine and celebrity worship culture. Caroline and I kept it up all the way back to Sociology, why do they appeal to the lowert common denominator, why do they assume we've got nothing better to do than discuss Victoria Beckham's cellulite, who gives a damn about who's got fake tits??

So, we're making our own magazine. It's called Pompous Pussy. It's written solely for the more civilised lady of the times, with articles, reviews, no breasts in sight and (most importantly) NO CHAV CELEBRITIES. It's snobby, pompous, so far up its own arse it can see daylight and will probably flop after the novelty wears off.

Not that we're ever going to write it, of course.

3 Comments:

At 9:28 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so on your side with the star wars thing! And I am avioiding celebrity love island like the plague (lest i watch it and get sucked in or become more than my already adequate 33% chav!)

I think you need to write P.P. for the benefit of all those who wish not to be plagued by stories of annorexic has-beens and their discontented husbands or their stupid children named after the places they were concieved! (To hell with Brooklyn, you just know someone is going to have a kid called 'Mile High'...it has to happen!)

 
At 10:23 am , Blogger Fi said...

I personally would like people to tell the truth about where their kids were conceived.

Hey, these are my children: Skegness, In-Bed and On-top-of-the-principal's-car.

Now THAT would be classy.

 
At 8:50 pm , Blogger Phil said...

I agree with all points apart from star wars... must be excited that at least its got good reviews and that the series is finally over. Hopefully georgie will give it a rest now though.

think we do need to start a revolution on magazines though - with you all the way!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home