Monday, June 20, 2005

cocky

I have another exam tomorrow, I should be revising, but I'm not. Which makes me a very bad, very cocky person, who would do well to completely fail this exam and get her comeuppance. I'll get an appalling mark and not get the B that I need in English and will have to go to Kent instead of Holloway and spend an entire extra year at university in order to get an MDrama when all I want is a BA. Such is the cry of the poor little rich girl.

I was very good in the run-up to the war-lit exam, I revised like a demon and am now more than capable of quoting war poetry at you until your ears bleed. And I think, despite the hellish morning that the exam took place on, that it paid off.

The hellish morning, by the by, consisted of oversleeping, getting wet on the way to the bus stop, forgetting to bring a pen with me (!!!) and not being able to find the exam timetable to remember where my exam actually was. The bus that should have taken me to college by about 8:40 didn't get to college until about 9:08, meaning that I didn't have time to log on to Cristalweb to find out where the exam was. Luckily, having bought two emergency biros from the college shop and sprinted halfway across college, I bumped into several English students running in the opposite direction.

Army style voices.
"Alex! What?"
"Mobile phone! Trouble!"
"Exam!?"
"New building!"
"SHIT!"

Change direction, run for the new building where I find my name on the seating plan and have to scamper through the packed exam hall with everyone watching whilst panting like yeti. Am not amused. Later find out that the exam was spread across several buildings and Alex by complete chance directed me to the right one. Phew.

The exam itself went really well. Got a lovely txt from Pete that morning (thanks Pete!) which helped me chill out a bit. Apart from overquoting massively (I was packing them in something chronic) it was cool. I might have made up some new words, but it's a boring exam if I don't do that at least once.

Then I had general studies, in which I compensated for knowing absolutely nothing about intensive farming by drawing pictures of genetically mutated potatoes with fangs and an in depth comparison between a AA battery and a battery farmed cow (it was quite clever actually).

I digress. I've done bugger all revision for this one, and I've no doubt that it will show in the results. The problem is I've got far too much in my head at the moment, there's just no room for Malfi and The Prelude. Sorry Webster, Wordsworth, my homies, but you're the last thing on my mind.

I'm thinking about 24-7prayer again, in a 'when are we gonna do that again?' sense, and I'm thinking about the gap year that I'm not going to have, I'm writing stuff on my laptop when I should be revising. This is awful.

I need to go do some work. I need to annotate my Beggar's Opera script and finish my ten pages of notes. I need to do Sociology, in general. So why am I blogging? Why am I watching Futurama and reading Germaine Greer and listening to BIG BROTHER?!

How low I have sunk. I'm listening to a man called Science talking about 'the hood'. I deserve to fail this exam.

Quote of the day: "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home