Tuesday, August 23, 2005

i can't wait to read THIS when i'm sober

So, I'm in Dublin right now, will be until Thursday but there won't be much bloggage until next week because I'm going to the Reading Festival so that Emilie can corrupt me and I can wear my wellies and listen to some sweet ass choons and drink Cinzano.

In the meantime, I'm in an absolutely wicked hostel in Dublin with Snow Patrol playing over the speakers and some awesome friends playing pool in the next room. I have 6 minutes and 29 seconds to go before my time runs out and I am done on here.

We found our local pub, it's called the Hairy Lemo.

We went to Temple Bar, it blew. I got charged EIGHT EUROS for an Archers and Coke. How long did I find that funny? Not long. Not long at all.

Also went to the Guiness brewery, but don't be thinking I've done nothing but drink. No no. I've been having more conversations. And I've been taking a lot of pictures. And I realised, wandering around our communal kitchen in flipflops, cooking for 12 and dancing to weird world music on the radio, that, not only do I love pretending to be bohemian, but I AM ready to go to uni.

I am so ready. I'm so not ready, but I so am. I walked through Dublin today on my own to get some groceries and it was a big deal. Strange country, wonderful but strange people, and here I am. I feel great. I'm not scared.

I'm not drunk either.

HAHAHAHA.

This is one of the best and most bizarre experiences of my life.

We sat in the Hairy Lemon, me with my brand new Guiness knickers (you'll be seeing them later) and sang The Killers on the jukebox. I drank Baileys and thought yeah, I love this life. I wish summer could last forever. I wish I could do this summer over again.

I'm gonna go, typing is so incredibly difficult and I want to see my friends. Tonight, we're playing pool and telling secrets.

Love it.

2 Comments:

At 6:52 pm , Blogger Phil said...

I think the Hairy Lemo sounds so much cooler than the Hairy Lemon! Glad you're enjoying yourself. See you later.

 
At 1:46 pm , Blogger Fi said...

heheh, oops.

i did mean lemon.

you won't see me later, did i not tell you that i'm going to die of sleep deprivation before monday?
xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home