Thursday, August 18, 2005

a-levels aren't getting easier, we're just getting better at passing them

Farnborough 6th Form College is unique in that its students can get their a-level results online from the comfort of their own home instead of queuing up in the sunshine to get them printed.

I am stupid in that I decided to wait an unnecessary four hours in order to get my results the 'old-fashioned' way. Why? So that Liz and I could open them together and share the moment. No, really why? Because I'm a masochist.

English Lit - A
Sociology - A
Film Studies (AS level) - A
Drama and Theatre - B
General Studies - B
English AEA - Distinction.

The part of me that is a spoilt over-achiever is peeved that I didn't get the ever-elusive A in Drama, but the majority of me is so unbelievably chuffed that I even managed to pass the English AEA that I really am not complaining.

Which means that I really am going to Royal Holloway in a month's time. I'm not even the slightest bit ready.

After we got our results and Rob had been accepted into the University of Kent within ten minutes of entering clearing (!), we went back to Liz's house and played Ghettopoly. Like Monopoly, but in the ghetto.

Stacey got $50 for getting her entire neighbourhood addicted to crack.

It's been a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home