Wednesday, September 14, 2005

the focus

Tell me to grow up.

Tell me to slow down.

Tell me I have to buck my ideas up.

Tell me to prioritise.

Tell me I've got a lot to do.

Tell me to smile.

Tell me to concentrate.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Tell me I'm always happy.

Tell me who I am.

Tell me I'll be ok.

Tell me I'm being stupid.

Tell me it's just a phase.

Tell me to take up a hobby.

Tell me I'm beautiful.

Tell me I'm dependent.

Tell me you miss me.

Tell me what I look like.

Tell me you don't understand.

Pretend that you do.

Tell me I'm not on my own.

Tell me God loves me.

Tell me to focus.

That's when I'll laugh and tell you that, out of all of the above, the one thing I'm sure of is that I'm focussing. There should be beads of sweat pouring down my face because my god, I'm focussed. On getting up in the morning. On sleeping. On eating. On finding my bed at night. On trying to feel better. On trying to figure it out.

Tell me to focus. Tell me to cheer up.

Just for shits and giggles, why not tell me to relax? Do you know what would happen if I did that? If I lost focus?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home