Thursday, December 15, 2005

i remember last night like this:

The overwhelming feeling of needing to find someone. I kept bumping into people I knew and staying with them for a while but then getting this massive urge to move and look for this particular person. I didn’t find them and I’m still not sure who they were. A vet with a sedative perhaps?

Taking twice as many caffeine pills as I should have done in that amount of time. I remember this vividly, not because it made me excessively hyper and paranoid (which it did) but because of how rotten I felt when I crashed at about half 2. Ugh.

Being amazed at how everyone knows everyone else. Walking past someone from one of my seminars and realising that they know my friend because they went to a party together and that guy they pulled once is the flatmate of someone that my flatmate went to school with. Or something to that effect.

Getting bear-hugs from Maffro. Maffro, Est and I are the Naughty Crew in our Writing and Performance seminar; we made badges and everything. We raved to Feeder to celebrate our love for each other. I got a bit emotional, but then I always do.

Realising that just because someone’s name has the word ‘gay’ in it and you just saw them pulling a bloke, this doesn’t mean they won’t grope you.

Solving the Great Royal Holloway Blog Mystery by introducing myself to Chris and then telling him more than he needed to know about my caffeine issues.

Panicking when Kate didn’t show up for her DJ set and asking Ed and Joel where she was. They said they didn’t know and suggested, half-joking, that I should go and find her. Not knowing any better, I went and tried, asking complete strangers and people dressed as Santa if they knew where she was.

Walking home and being spectacularly locked out of my flat. Stuck my head through various windows in Reid asking if they’d seen Kate. No one had.

Someone giving me a lollipop. I don’t know who.

Giving the brush off to a bloke who’s always looked down his nose at me. Hurrah!

Raving to Lady Madonna and Beating Heart Baby courtesy of Est and Jo, disk jockeys of my heart and soul.
Leaving Endrit on the dancefloor, walking up to the tech balcony and being absolutely terrified when I opened the door to find him there already. I’m left thinking, how long did it actually take me to wander up the stairs? I’m left thinking, what if Endrit has superpowers?

Getting home, no longer caffeinated but still very drunk, crashing completely. Lying awake reading Jane Eyre, knowing that if I lay down I’d puke but completely unable to keep my eyes open.

Feeling a rush of love for everyone, the union, my halls. Feeling sad that the term’s over but realising that some parental supervision might be a very wise thing for me to have right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home