Tuesday, February 28, 2006

for the sake of trev's co-workers...

This isn't writer's block, as such.

Or maybe it is. If writer's block is the complete inability to say what I want to say, then that's what this is.

Perhaps it's more that the enormity of the things I want to say, at least from where I'm sitting, is too much to write down.

I like to take feelings and beat them into words. I like to put them down, make them pretty and leave them there. For me, no thought or feeling ever really happens unless I take the time to write it down.

These thoughts and feelings are too big and too much for me to write down. I can't leave them behind, I can't stop feeling them, I just can't express them either.

This is where I usually put in a short sentence, cryptic or catchy, to round off what I've written, to sum it up. I get a lot out of my final sentences, they're like the cherries on top, the grated cheese on the New Yorker chicken.

Sum this up in one sentence?

There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.

- Dante

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home