Tuesday, February 28, 2006

here is something i can express

I'm sitting in my room, typing and staring out of the window, trying to capture this moment before it's over. The scene is still blazing in front of me but it won't be for long.

The Limp Bizkit version of Behind Blue Eyes comes on Media Player while I'm sitting and writing in my diary about something or other, and as it does, it starts to snow.

From my window I can see the gutted structure of Cameron Halls, running parallel to Runymede and then branching away towards Medicine on the left. The wall facing away from me starts to glow as the sun appears from behind a snowcloud.

Here in my room, the curtains, my glass of water, my hands, lit up by this sudden sunlight.

It's not often you get to watch snowflakes fall like that, the way they spin and flit about like a shoal of fish. You expect them to fall straight, like raindrops, but they don't. Looking into falling snow is very much like looking into chaos.

The song starts to finish, the snow starts to slow. By the time the next track starts, the sun's sliding behind a cloud and the snow, which doesn't even settle, is finished.

Now the clouds are parting, a bird just landed on the corner of Cameron halls in the one remaining patch of sunshine, I can see blue skies and I'm listening to a happier song.

Here's the last line - these things are good for the soul.

1 Comments:

At 5:05 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a really pretty desciption. Makes me think i need some time to just kick back, chill out and watch the world around me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home