Sunday, January 15, 2006

on my desk

Tonight, the unusual contents of my desk are as follows:

- 1 bottle of Los Portones Merlot, corked, empty.
- a book entitled Clubbing: dancing, ecstasy and vitality, stained with Los Portones Merlot.
- an empty bottle of Indian tonic water.
- half a tomato
- my Critical Theories reader, stained with sweet and sour sauce.
- Chinese takeaway box, fork, sweet and sour sauce.
- essay, proof-read.
- essay, marked and annotated, waterstained.
- bottle of Vanish stain remover, lying in a pool of wishful thinking
- three tealights
- purple candle, shells, glow in the dark fish
- British passport, vaguely smelling of Los Portones Merlot.
- piece of chewing gum, chewed.
- The Clubcultures Reader, Redhead
- Chambers Concise Dictionary
- The Vagina Monologues, Eve Ensler
-
essay plan, the best I've ever written, abandoned because there's no way I can ever write an essay good enough to do it justice.
- bible
- wallet
- keys
- journal
- diary
- post-it note, reading: blue sky chinese restaurant 01784... i wanna be a soapstar superstar!!!
-
a Green Key from the Happy Man

Tonight, my to-do list reads as follows:

- email accomodation office re: fees
- email Nikki, 24-7prayer!
- Journey weekend away form
- learn French
- stop eating sweet and sour
- write essay!
- stop procrastinating
- read p1-44, Performance Studies, an introduction
- drink more tonic water

Tonight, the questions running through my head are as follows:

- how do I get police checked?
- do they let you keep hamsters in student houses?
- when they say teens are 'barely legal', do they mean they're 'just legal', 'not quite legal' or 'very legal (London slang)'?
- it's half past nine, how come I know where my keys are?
- would they let us perform the Vagina Monologues at RHUL?
- more to the point, if my vagina were to get dressed up, what would it wear?
- do they make you pay for wine-stained library books?
- do I care?

- will I ever stop procrastinating? Ever?










Ever?

1 Comments:

At 1:57 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If my vagina were to get dressed up, it would wear a pair of slippers and a fluffy dressing gown. that lady needs taking care of.

xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home